Md. Woman Convicted of Medicaid Fraud Sentenced to Prison | News
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Maryland woman convicted of submitting $7 million in fraudulent claims to the District of Columbia Medicaid program has been sentenced to more than six years in prison.
Fifty-five-year-old Jacqueline Wheeler of Chevy Chase, Md., was also ordered to pay $3.17 million in restitution at sentencing Friday.
According to government evidence presented at trial, Wheeler was the owner or CEO of two health care providers. Wheeler submitted false claims for services that were not provided. She used money to buy luxury cars and beachfront property.
Upcoming Events near Chevy Chase
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Take the Plunge: Join Design Army X Karla Colletto for Pool Party, Fashion Show on Friday, Aug. 22
- Kristen Berset takes the "Ice-Bucket Challenge"
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village