D.C. man arrested for attempted burglary | News
CHEVY CHASE, Md (WUSA9) -- A man was arrested for an attempted residential burglary that happened Thursday morning in Chevy Chase.
Montomgery County Police said officers responded to a residence in the 4200 block of East West Highway for a report of an attempted burglary.
The incident happened around 11:39 a.m. Police said two men opened the rear screen door of the house when the housekeeper, who was inside, saw them. The two men then fled on foot toward a trail behind the home, police said.
Officers from the 2nd District have arrested a suspect for an attempted residential burglary that occurred this morning in Chevy Chase.
A lookout was put out for the two suspects and officers were able to find the two suspects coming off of the trail in the 4200 block of Oakridge Avenue, police said.
The two suspects ran away from the officers and then a foot chase ensued, during which the two suspects split up.
A little later, two officers spotted one of the suspects in the area of Wisconsin Avenue and Hampden Lane. The suspect was taken into custody, police said.
Michael Keith Muschette, 20 of Washington, D.C. has been charged with first degree burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary.
Upcoming Events near Chevy Chase
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Take the Plunge: Join Design Army X Karla Colletto for Pool Party, Fashion Show on Friday, Aug. 22
- Kristen Berset takes the "Ice-Bucket Challenge"
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village