Police continue to investigate Md. carjacking | News
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WUSA9) -- Police issued an arrest warrant for a suspect in a Chevy Chase carjacking incident that happened Saturday morning.
Police said around 3:05 a.m. Montgomery County Police responded to a stolen vehicle and a shooting involving five occupants of the vehicle near the intersection of New York Avenue and Bladensburg Road in Northeast, DC.
Detectives discovered that the vehicle in the incident was the same vehicle that had been carjacked on March 13 in Chevy Chase.
Police said further investigation showed that one of the occupants of the vehicle was the suspect responsible for the carjacking that happened on March 13.
The suspect has been identified at 18-year-old David Sutton of NE Washington.
Detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Sutton charging him with armed carjacking, carjacking, first degree assault, armed robbery, the use of a firearm in the commission of a violent felony, and the unlawful taking of a motor vehicle.
According to police, Sutton is in custody of the U.S. Park Police pending criminal charges in Washington.
Detectives will continue the investigation in order to find other occupants of the vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Chevy Chase
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Take the Plunge: Join Design Army X Karla Colletto for Pool Party, Fashion Show on Friday, Aug. 22
- Kristen Berset takes the "Ice-Bucket Challenge"
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village