Potholes along Connecticut Ave in Chevy Chase causing havoc | News
CHEVY CHASE, Maryland (WUSA9)-- We've been asking what drives you crazy about your commute on TELLWUSA9.COM. And we've gotten a lot of emails about potholes.
But some along Connecticut Avenue in Chevy Chase got our attention. Especially after the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) told us they are quote, "On it."
There is the crater, northbound on Connecticut near Oxford Street. Hubcaps line the fence of a neighboring house.
A few hundred feet away, just south of Bradley Boulevard is another hint of things to come. A hubcap leans against a pole near another deep hole in the middle lane.
Southbound on Connecticut, near the intersection of East-West Highway, is a trifecta of potholes along the curb lane.
MDOT tells WUSA9 they will be out Tuesday morning, after rush hour, patching all the holes they can find beginning on the DC line heading north.
If you have a commuter question--whether it involves our roads or public transportation--just go to TELLWUSA9.COM and let us know your commuter pet peeve. We will investigate and get you answers.
Upcoming Events near Chevy Chase
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boffi-Maxalto's Summer Kickoff with Chef Roberto Donna
- Design Army's Pum Lefebure Selected as 1 of 2 US Design Judges at Cannes Lions
- Custom Home on the Market Embraces Convenient and Quaint Neighborhood of Lyon Village
- JOIN THE HAY-ADAMS FOR JAN. 27 AUTHOR SERIES WITH RICHARD MOE & LUNCH BY CHEF PETER SCHAFFRATH
- The Williams-Addison House Renovations Unveiled at Opening Event